"Today You are You, That is truer than true. There is no alive who is Youer than you." - Dr. Suess

Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's A BOY!!!! Rebecca's Baby Shower Blog Hop!!

Welcome to Lisa’s daughter, Rebecca’s, Baby Shower!
What a great idea to have a baby shower between your blogging friends. Lisa has asked that we make a two-page layout which she will present to her daughter.
 Rebecca is having a boy and her son’s name will be Maxwell Thaddeus.  So Let's send her a GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
There is a fantastick line-up to check out all of our layouts which I hope you enjoy!!!


If you have arrived here from Lisa T, then you are at the right place for this baby shower. If you just happened to visit me today or happened upon my blog, I don’t want you to miss a single present for the baby shower and would want you to begin at the very beginning which is the proud soon to be G'MA, Lisa!


Now for my Project!!

For the mommy :) I have a two page layout that is actually Very Close to my Heart ;) because I designed this one after a similar layout that I had done when I was pregnant :) 




This layout is made with the Cocoa Collection which unfortunatly is now retired.....and that is too bad because it has some awesome papers in it........but don't fear CTMH has lots of current packs to choose from that are equally Awesome!! 

I tore to pieces of B & T duos and heavily distressed the edges to really give it a bit of pop from the rest of the page!  The journaling sheet that is titled the day you were born is just basic cardstock that is ripped and really beat up to give it an aged book appearance........There is a pocket with a tag for additional journaling or a small photo.....or maybe to save a momento from that wonderful day!

I then embellished with buttons and chipboard from the Lucky assortment, and some blingy flowers.





Page two also has a nice journaling section which is basically just a sheet of notebook paper ripped out....I made some old tags that will be a nice place for new baby size.  And again embellished with some chipboard from the lucky assortment.  Both pages are edged with some ribbon left kind of soft and loose so as not to harden the look of the layouts.  And both journaling pages are topped off with a sweet little hand prints! 






AND OF COURSE......

I have some blog Candy for you to enter to win!  Just in time for Valentines Day too!!!!  I have this super cute CTMH Level 2 Paper Pack  "SweetHeart" which includes 24 of these adorable papers!



Cute isn't it?  Well it can be yours!  All you have to do to enter the drawing is to follow my site here and leave a comment...........and then head on over to my facebook page and become a fan there and post on the wall Congratulations to Rebecca!

Pretty simple stuff right?  And here's an added bonus!  Come back tomorrow, leave some more comments and get a second entry into the drawing!!  Good Luck!

Now on to your next stop.....Lynn.

Make it a Happy Scrappy Day!! 

Just in case you get lost somewhere along the way the here is the complete line up to help you stay on track!
 
 


 

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful layout and the blog candy you are offering is awesome! Already a follower and always a pleasure hopping with you!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. The new mother will love it! Great hopping with you.

    Barbara B
    barbarab3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout is adorable. I love that there is room for journaling on this layout. Thanks so much for participating in this special hop, you have no clue how much it means to me and my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute! I love all of the elements. I posted on your FB wall too! (Stacey B.)

    xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the lay out it is very cool. :) I am a new follower and I left you a comment on your Facebook wall as well :)
    Beckypurplehaze@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the layout. Like all the journaling space. I'm a follower and a facebook fan.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mickie, your page is nicely done. I like all the little extras that you added to it. I am sure that Rebecca will love putting pictures of her new little one on this L/O tfs Tami

    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout.I know Rebecca will love it.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome layout and you have done an outstanding job for places to journal, and other goodies!! Heading over to you FB page, I am already a follower here as well as FB!! TFS!!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout! Lots of great embellies and plenty of room to journal!!

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower here and FB

    ReplyDelete